Here’s an easy and colourful preschooler craft to brighten up any window! Make these beautiful spring suncatchers for your window today and by upcycling your containers – show Mother Earth some love!
You Will Need:
- a clean, see-through plastic container (we get these plastic containers at the grocery store with cut-up fruit and salads in them)
- Podge or white glue thinned out with some water and a large paint brush or sponge brush
- a variety of colours of tissue paper cut into squares
- string to hang your suncatcher
- a window that needs some brightening!
First – get your little one to brush glue all over one side of the container. We worked together to fill in any missing spots. Then provide tissue paper squares and let your child stick, stick, stick!
When papering is complete, you can have your child lightly brush all over with the podge again to seal the tissue paper in.
Punch a hold in one end of the container and work with your child to thread a colourful string through the hole to make a hanger.
And if you don’t want to miss out on any more of the fun we have here at One Time Through, sign up for our NEWSLETTER today. You’ll receive notifications by e-mail of new posts and you’ll also receive access to your exclusive FREE copy of all our newest printables including:
26 Quick Parenting Tips for NOW to Help Your Child Have Great Character LATER!